Home Page Dangers of Gas Heating & Gas Contact Oracle Heating Services
Latest News from Oracle
   



Everyone knows that gas can be dangerous, and with that terrible smell you would know if there was a leak, wouldn't you? Well maybe not!

If not looked after correctly, CARBON MONOXIDE can be a by-product of burning gas and in a confined space, like a house or office, and can be fatal.

How would you know if you were at risk from carbon monoxide?


Carbon Monoxide is an invisible gas with no smell, so you could be breathing it without ever being aware. But you could recognise it's effect in several ways.

Mild exposure could give a flu-like feeling, and perhaps mild headaches.

Prolonged exposure may make you feel very tired with nausea.

Further exposure or high Carbon Monoxide strength would lead to unconsciousness and finally death.

Regular servicing of gas equipment, like boilers and gas fires can help prevent such dangers.

 © 2013 Oracle Heating
site design - hyperlinx